Call for RAS Regional Student Representatives
The Student Activities Committee (SAC) of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society is seeking motivated students to serve as Regional Student Representatives (RSRs) for one year. If you are a graduate student who is passionate about robotics, organized, communicative, and driven to help others in your community - please consider applying to be the RSR for your region (https://www.ieee.org/societies_communities/geo_activities/regional_world_map.html) today!
Regional Student Representatives are expected to attend regular meeting with SAC members, distribute information to student chapters within his or her region as requested, welcome and assist newly formed student chapters, update chapter contact lists through the RAS website, and provide regular updates and photos for SAC social media announcements. RSRs are also highly encouraged to promote various robotics activities within their regions in order to strengthen the local robotics network. Ideas for new activities are always welcome, as is an analysis of how to improve future activities!
Interested applicants should be:
- Responsive to e-mail discussions
- Able to commit weekly time to RSR material, and to specific activities (e.g. reviewing volunteer proposals, organizing regional activities, etc.)
- Graduate-level engineering student in robotics or related field
To apply, please prepare a zip folder containing
- Short resume (no more than 2 pages) highlighting community service and IEEE experience
- Cover letter specifying applicant’s interest in serving as an RSR and relevant experience
- Letter of recommendation from professor (preferably a current IEEE member)
Email the folder to email@example.com with the subject line “RSR Application” by 1 May 2017