RAS E-News January 2010
Volume 8, Number 1
1. RAS welcomes new officers
Effective January 1, 2010 the officers and adcom members of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society:
- President: Kazuhiro Kosuge
- President Elect: David Orin
- Secretary: Kevin Lynch
- Treasurer: Xiaoping Yun
- Past President: Bruno Siciliano
- Vice President for Publication Activities: Peter Luh
- Vice President for Conference Activities: Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos
- Vice President for Technical Activities: John Hollerbach
- Vice President for Member Activities: Stefano Stramigioli
- Vice President for Industrial Activities:Alex Zelinsky
- Vice President for Financial Activities: William Hamel
Elected/Appointed AdCom members
Terms ending in 2012
- Hugh Durrant-Whyte
- Danica Kragic
- Vijay Kumar
- Jean-Paul Laumond
- Roland Siegwart
- Jing Xiao
Terms ending in 2011
- Nancy Amato
- Fumihito Arai
- Antonio Bicchi
- Aude Billard
- Hideki Hashimoto
- C.S. George Lee (appointed to fill the unexpired term of David Orin)
- Tamas Haidegger (Student AdCom Member, appointed for a two year term)
Terms ending 2010
- Martin Buss (appointed to fill the unexpired term of Stefano Stramigioli)
- Peter Corke
- Alessandro De Lucao
- Lynne Parker
- Shigeki Sugano
- Satoshi Tadokoro
The voting members of the RAS Administrative Committee include the President, Vice President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary , Treasurer, a Student AdCom Representative, and eighteen members who are elected by the RAS membership. If an elected member resigns to take another office or for other reasons, the president appoints a member to complete the unexpired term.
2. SECOND CALL: IEEE and RAS Awards: Call for nominations:
- IEEE RA Award --Deadline January 31, 2010
- IEEE Fellow -- Deadline March 1, 2010
RAS Society Awards --Deadline March 1 2010
- RAS Chapter of the Year Award
- RAS Most Active Technical Committee Award
- RAS Most Active Distinguished Lecturer Award
- RAS Pioneer Award
- RAS Early Career Awards in Academia and Industry/Government
- EEE-RAS Distinguished Service Award
- IEEE Inaba Technical Award for Innovation Leading to Production
- IEEE RAS George Saridis Leadership Award in Robotics and Automation
- IEEE/IFR IERA Award -- Deadline for Applications March 31, 2010
See http//www.ieee-ras.org/awards for details.
3. Let everyone see your Videos on the IEEE-RAS YouTube Channel!
4. Keep sending robot pix for RA Magazine Covers!
5. Looming conference deadlines!
The new year is here. Stop procrastinating!
- ICIA 2010: Int'l Conf. on Information & Automation. Jun 20-24. Harbin, China. Submissions due February 1. http://www.icia.org.
- MED'10: 18th Conf. on Control and Automation. Jun 23-26. Marrakech, Morocco. Submissions deadline January 31. http://www.med10.org.
- RSS:Robotics: Science and Systems. Jun 27-Jul 1. Zaragoza, Spain. Submission Deadlines: Abstracts: 1/15/2010; Full Papers: 1/22/2010.
- AIM 2010: IEEE/ASME Int'l Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics. Jul 6-9, Montreal, Canada. Submissions Deadline: Feb. 1. https://engineering.purdue.edu/AIM2010/
- IEEE-CASE 2010: IEEE Con. on Autmation Science & Engineering. Aug 22-24. Montreal Canada. Submissions deadline February 12, 2010. http://case2010.org/
- SSRR 2010: IEEE Int'l Workshop on Safety, Security & Rescue Robotics. Jul 26-31. Bremen, Germany. Submissions Deadline: March 15. http://robotics.jacobs-university.de/SSRR2010/
- 2010 RO-MAN: 18th Int'l Symp. on Robot and Human Interactive Communication. Submissions Deadline: March 1. ro-man2010.org/indexin.php
- BioRob 2010: 3rd IEEE RAS & EMBS Int'l Conf on Biomedical Robotics and Mechatronics. Sept 26-9. http:nml.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/BioRob2010/
See the RAS Web Calendar for a list of all RAS sponsored, cosponsored & technically cosponsored conferences: http://www.ieee-ras.org/calendar/list.