Committee on Outreach and Access to Talent
- Nurture the IAB column in the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine as an instrument to connect to established as well as to new Robotics Industry and provide information (of the Industrial Activities Board) relevant to these communities
- Access to young talent: set up (in close collaboration with EPSB) a database of CVs of students to foster match-making between students and robotics industry and to provide a valuable service to both parties student in robotics as well as robotics industry
- Maintain a list of industry-affiliated senior researchers: set up (in close collaboration with EPSB and RAS Secretary) a database with the profiles of senior robotics researchers who are competent and willing to speak at industry events and serve as Ambassadors of the
Associate Vice President
ACMIT, Neustadt, Austria
Ad Hoc RAS Life Member Committee
This Ad Hoc committee shall report to the Member Activities Board from 2016-2018. The Committee shall promote the activities of Life Members in IEEE RAS through Society activities in cooperation with all Society Boards, Committees and Working Groups.
Actions will include, among other activities:
- Promote and encourage IEEE membership (Industry, members, YP, Students and WIE) in RAS.
- Promote activities of the RAS Life Member committee in accordance with the IEEE Life Member committee.
- Promote and encourage Milestones of IEEE and IEEE RAS
- Support activities of the local chapters (such as Distinguished Lecturers) and society committees as mentors.
- RAS Advisory activities
Beijing Institute of Technology, China
Knoxville (TN), United States
Salt Lake City (UT), United States
West Lafayette (IN), United States
Albuquerque (NM), United States
St. Louis (MO), USA
Young Professionals Committee
This committee shall report to the RAS Member Activities Board. The Committee shall promote Young Professional participation in the Society activities in cooperation with all Society Boards, Committees and Working Groups. The Chair of this Committee shall serve as RAS representative to the IEEE Young Professionals Committee.
Berkeley (CA), United States
Ad Hoc Committee on Governmental Interaction
Knoxville (TN), United States
East Lansing (MI), USA
Young Reviewers Program
The Young Reviewers Program (YRP) aims to introduce IEEE RAS students to sound practices in peer reviewing of scientific papers. To achieve this objective, student YRP members will be supervised by senior reviewers (SRs) in regular RAS review procedures. In addition to benefitting from a mentor–mentee relationship, YRP members will have the opportunity to attend webinars and online tutorials to further explore and improve their writing and reviewing skills. Once a certain level of expertise is demonstrated, students will graduate with an overall qualification grade. The YRP will be introduced during the IROS 2016 review period. Details of the YRP and membership applications are available here.
Champaign (IL), USA
College Station (TX), USA
More information about the Young Reviewers Program may be found HERE.