Technical Committees (TC) focus on the research content of the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society by tracking technical developments and encouraging innovation in: applications, theory, models, metrics, experiments, architectures, products, initiatives, and other technical areas.
With over 30 Technical Committees, research in specific areas is encouraged. New Technical Committees are added as a topic area is grows, becomes increasingly relevant, sufficiently outside the scope of existing TCs.
Technical Committees are an important benefit of membership, allowing for further collaboration and communication within subsets of the field.
Technical Committee Volunteers can access information within the TC Resource Center.
- Aerial Robotics and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Agricultural Robotics and Automation
- Algorithms for Planning and Control of Robot Motion
- Automation in Logistics
- Bio Robotics
- Computer & Robot Vision
- Human-Robot Interaction & Coordination
- Humanoid Robotics
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Manufacturing Automation
- Marine Robotics
- Micro/Nano Robotics and Automation
- Mobile Manipulation
- Model-Based Optimization for Robotics
- Networked Robots
- Programming Environments in Robotics & Automation
- Performance Evaluation & Benchmarking of Robotic and Automation Systems
- Prototyping for Robotics and Automation
- Rehabilitation and Assistive Robotics
- Robot Ethics
- Robot Learning
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Automation
- Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics
- Service Robotics
- Smart Buildings
- Soft Robotics
- Space Robotics
- Surgical Robotics
- Sustainable Production Automation
- Software Engineering for Robotics and Automation
- Energy, Environment, and Safety Issues in Robotics and Automation
- Autonomous Ground Vehicles and Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Robotics and Automation in Nuclear Facilities
Automation in Health Care Management
The TC is organizing special sessions on Automation in Health Care Management for CASE2014. We attracted over 20 submissions, a significant increase compared to past CASE conferences. Organizers: Xiaolan Xie, Walter Ukovich, Houshang Darabi, Gregory Faraut.
Special Issue on "Operations Research in Healthcare" in International Journal of Production Research. The goal of this IJPR special issue is to provide a comprehensive view of health services improvement by systems engineering approaches such as operations research, industrial engineering and control theories. The special issue attracted over 40 submissions that are undergoing peer review process. Guest editors: Xiaolan Xie and Mark A. Lawley.
The TC is a scientific sponsor of the ETFA'2014 Workshop on Models and Methods for hospital management and planning (http://www.etfa2014.org/).
- Robotic Hands, Grasping, and Manipulation
- Mechanisms and Design
- Human Movement Understanding
- Cognitive Robotics
- Multi-Robot Systems
- Whole-Body Control