Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
University of California, Merced, USA
Kimon P. Valavanis
University of Denver, USA
ICUAS'17. The 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, ICUAS'17, will be held in Miami, FL, on June 13-16. The conference venue is the Miami Marriott, Biscayne Bayhotel. The hotel is close to the Miami Arts, Wynwood and Design districts and just minutes from the Miami Beach Convention Center.
ICUAS'16. The 2016 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems. June 7 - 10, 2016. Key Bridge Marriott Arlington, VA, USA.
ICRA 2016 Workshop on Aerial Robotics Manipulation: from Simulation to Real-Life. International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2016). Stockholm, Sweden, May 26, 2016.
- ICRA 2016 Tutorial: Aerial Robotics. May, 20, Stockholm, Sweden.
Third Workshop on Research, Education, and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (IEEE RED-UAS) November 23-25, 2015. Cancún, México
"Aerial Robotic Manipulation: Control, perception and planning functionalities". Summer School on Autonomous Micro Aerial Vehicles. Schloss Birlinghoven (Germany), August 28th, 2015
- (MESA SUAVTA'15) Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Technologies and Applications. (MESA-18-1 Small unmanned Aerial and Electrical Vehicle Technologies and Applications and MESA-18-2 Developments in sUAV: From Payload to Safety). 2015 ASME/IEEE International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA), The ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE 2015), August 2–5, 2015 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- euRathlon/ARCAS Workshop, Summer School and Competition. Seville (Spain)
Recent Activities of the Technical Committee
Date: June 15-18, 2014
Location: Seville (Spain)
- ICRA 2014 Special Session: Aerial Robotics Manipulation.
Date: June 3, 2014, 9:30AM-10:50PM
Location: Convention and Exhibiton Centre, Theater 2. Hong-Kong
- ICRA 2014 Workshop: Aerial Robots Physically interacting with the environment
Date: May 31, 2014, 9AM-5:30PM
Location: Convention and Exhibiton Centre, Hong-Kong
Dedicated UAS Conferences organized by TC-Chairs
- ICUAS 2014, International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Date: May 27-30, 2014
Location: Orlando, FL (USA)
- UAV Handbook (Springer)
Other Previous Activities of the Technical Committee
Dedicated UAS Conferences organized by TC-Chairs
- ICUAS 2015, International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Organization of Workshops and Special Sessions in IEEE Conferences (ICRA and IROS)
- International Conference on Unmanned Aerial Systems (ICUAS), formerly UAV Conference, organized yearly. ICUAS is the successor of the annual UAV Symposiums that took place between 2008 and 2010. ICUAS'11 was held in Denver CO, USA, and ICUAS'12 in Philadelphia PA,USA. They had a Workshop/Tutorial day, followed by a three day technical Conference
- Research, Development and Education on Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS), Seville, Nov.30 and Dec 1, 2011),. http://www.red-uas.com/ The Workshop was attended by more than 150 attendants. The program included 50 presentations, two plenary presentations, a poster session, two round tables, 6 field demonstrations of both fixed wing and helicopter UAVs and indoor demonstration in the Centre for Advanced Aerospace Technologies (FADA-CATEC).
- IROS 2012 Workshop “Aerial Physically acting robots” (AIRPHARO) co-organized by the ARUAV TC. This workshop included presentations related to the main scientific and technological topics related to aerial robots physically interacting between them and with the environment including the cooperation of several aerial robots. The presentations covered methods and technologies dealing with simulations and implementations by using quadrotors, helicopters and fixed wing aerial robotic platforms and relevant application scenarios. The program also included demonstrations.
Workshops outside RAS conferences
- IEEE/ASME MESA (mechatronics and embedded systems and applications) Workshops 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- euRobotics Forum Workshop on “Aerial robots physically interacting with the environment” March 2012 in Odense (Denmark)
Aerial Robotics and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Flying opens new opportunities to robotically perform services and tasks like search and rescue, observation, mapping or even inspection and maintenance. As such, substantial interest in aerial robots has grown in recent years. Key areas to be addressed include, but are not limited to, innovative Unmanned Aerial Vehicles design, autonomous missions, guidance, navigation and control, airworthiness, safety and certification, risk assessment, multi-vehicle coordination, UAS traffic management (UTM).
The technical committee will promote exchanges among researchers from academia, industry and government. The purpose is to identify the technologies and technical approaches to advance and mature the field of aerial robotics. Exchanges include conferences, workshops, special sessions in conferences and publications to promote discussion on technical and applicative problems. Envisioned will be on-line and printed resources to disseminate knowledge including cross-disciplinary information like aerodynamics, propulsion, communications, controls and sensors.
Topics of Interest:
Include but not limited to:
- Airframe design;
- UAS autonomy: perception, planning and control;
- UAS Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Sense and Avoid;
- Human-computer interfaces;
- Propulsion and Engines;
- Aerial vehicle teams;
- Aerial manipulation
- UAS integration in non-segregated airspaces
- Aerial Robotics and UAV application
- Innovative UAS applications such as STEM education, personal remote sensing, mapping and 3D photogrammetry, UAS for precision agriculture, UAS for digital humanity and cultural heritage preservation, UAS for filmmaking, UAS for journalism, etc.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this committee, please send to the TC Co-chairs by email - your name, title, affiliation, email address, telephone number, and your area of interest.