The TC aims to promote & interact the development and research on automation fields in various engineering, robotics, and industry applications.
The TC activities (through forum, special session, workshop, etc.) focus on methods, tools and systems for manufacturing automation related to product design, manufacturing and assembly processes. Topics of interest within R&A include (but not limited to):
- Design and modeling for manufacturing automation.
- Automation of manufacturing tooling and devices (e.g. fixtures.)
- Sensing and motion control for manufactuing automation.
- Automated workpiece localization and calibration.
- Manufacturing system simulations.
- Automated manufacturing system design.
- Information technology for manufacturing automation (e.g., web-based manufacturing.)
- Assembly modeling and simulation.
- Other emerging new paradigms in manufacturing automation.