This Committee shall be chaired or co-chaired by the Senior Past-President. The committee shall be responsible for:
1. Appointing an award nomination committee for each society and IEEE level (within RAS fields of interest) award
2. Appointing one or more award selection committee(s) to review society level award nominations and select the winner(s)
3. Appointing a Fellow Nomination Committee and a Fellow Evaluation Committee
4. Reviewing all new award proposals to ensure that there is no conflict with existing awards and that an appropriate description suitable for submission to IEEE has been prepared
5. Submission of new/modified award proposals to IEEE
6. Reviewing existing awards periodically to recommend whether or not they should be continued.
The Award Nomination Committee(s) shall be responsible for securing a suitable number of nominations of deserving candidates for the award(s) for which they are responsible. The Award Selection Committee(s) shall be responsible for reviewing the nomination packets of the candidates for the award(s) for which they are responsible and selecting the winner(s), if any. The Award Selection Committee(s) shall have no members who were members of the Nomination Committee of any award for which selection is to be made.
Atlanta (GA), USA