Reimbursement Procedures for Travel and other Expenses
If you are entitled to reimbursement of travel expenses or any other expenses from IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS), please follow the procedures below to get your reimbursement.
- Fill out IEEE Expense Report form. Sign and date the form at the bottom of the first page. If you choose to fill out the form by hand, make sure that your handwriting is legible.
- Prepare a cover letter, briefly explaining: (i) nature of the expense; (ii) authorization and approval of the expense, e.g., approved by RAS President or based on an AdCom approved motion. Attach a copy of the email approval or similar document. For AdCom and ExCom members traveling to AdCom meetings, such an approval is not needed and your reimbursable amount is limited by the current travel policy. See AdCom and ExCom travel policy for details.
- By default, a check in US dollar will be sent to the mailing address that you provided on the Expense Report form. If you would like to have the reimbursement funds to be wired into your bank account, fill out the Wire Transfer form.
- The original receipt is required for full reimbursement of any expense item. A copy of the receipt is sufficient for partial reimbursement. For example, if your hotel receipt is for a total of five nights and the cost of two nights is requested for reimbursement from IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, a copy of the hotel receipt is sufficient. For air travel, only economy class airfare is reimbursable. Business or first class airfare is not reimbursable.
- Mail the cover letter, completed Expense Report form, all receipts, and optionally Wire Transfer form to Society Treasurer at the following address. Do not email or fax any documents as any documents received by email or fax will be disregarded for reimbursement purpose.
Professor Ronald Lumia
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131