NewsI. Special Sessions on Logistics
- CASE 2013: Special session on Automation in Logistics, Organizers: Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich, Spyros Reveliotis, Wisconsin, USA.
- ICRA 2014: Special session on Neurobiologically Inspired Robotics: Automation in Logistics, Organizers: Rolf Johansson, Hesuan Hu, Hong Kong, China.
- CASE 2014:Special session on Automation in Logistics, Organizers: Maria Pia Fanti, Chengbin Chu, Hesuan Hu, and Hoong Chuin Lau, Taipei, Taiwan
- CASE 2013: Special session on Discrete Event System Control, Organizers: Hesuan Hu, Xiren Cao, USA
- CASE 2013: Special session on Discrete Event Systems and Hybrid Systems , Organizers: Hesuan Hu, Xiren Cao,Wisconsin, USA.
- CASE 2014: Special session on Discrete Event & Hybrid Systems and Their Automation, Organizers: Hesuan Hu, Naiqi Wu, Taipei, Taiwan.
- CASE 2015: Special Session on Automation in Smart Logistics: Advances and Applications, Organizers: Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich, MengChu Zhou, Hesuan Hu
Special issue on IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering "Emerging Advances in Logistics Systems: Integrating Remote Sensing, IT, and Autonomy" to appear on October 2016. Guest editors Maria Pia Fanti, Reha Uzsoy, Walter Ukovich, Alan Erera, Mike Kay.
The specific objectives of the modern Logistics Challenges are ‘smart, green and integrated services’ to achieve planning, scheduling and transport systems that are resource-efficient, climate- and environmentally-friendly, safe and seamless for the benefit of all citizens, the economy and society. In this concept the smart logistics is not only a trend in world industry and supply chain but also a green and highly efficient means to improve processes, transportation, resource management and the overall system performances. Moreover, the increasing complexity of such systems of systems and the availability of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) require the development of innovative models and lead to the definition of novel problems with respect to the related literature.
The goal of this special issue is to provide a forum of interaction between researchers and practitioners in the area of automation and logistics. It aims to promote and facilitate the development of automation and ICT applications in different logistic fields.
Special Section on Advances in Discrete Event Systems for Automation, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, January 2014. Guest editors: Christos G. Cassandras, Maria Pia Fanti, Christoforos Hadjicostis, Spyros Reveliotis, and Carla Seatzu. (This special section focuses on new results and future directions in the the Discrete Event Systems theory, that also enable and promote the automation science and engineering, as well as on applications of this theory in different fields, including logistics.)
Special issue on Intelligent Manufacturing: New Advances and Challenges. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. Guest Editors: Hesuan Hu, Ling Wang, Peter Luh.
Outreach activities outside the RAS
- IFAC MIM 2013: Special session on Product Lifecycle Management and Product Design Support Systems Session. Organizers: Joachim Lentes, Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich.
- ETFA 2013: Workshop: New Challenges and Results in Health Care Management. Organizers: Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich
- CDC 2013: Special session on the Integration of Behavioral and Performance Control in Discrete Event Systems Theory, Organizers: Spyros Reveliotis and Rong Su, Florence, Italy.
- ETFA 2014: Workshop: Advanced Platform for manufacturing Engineering and Product Lifecycle Management,Organizers:Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich
- ICNSC 2014: Special session on Discrete Event Control of Networked Systems, Organizers: Hesuan Hu, Naiqi Wu, Florida, USA
- AIRO 2016: Special Session on Automation in Smart Logistics
Organizers: Maria Pia Fanti, Walter Ukovich