Recent Activities of the Technical Committee
The technical committee is sponsoring and organizing different activities among which we can list:
- Two major organized conferences Haptic Symposium and Worldhaptics
- Technical sponsorship of 1 journal, IEEE Transactions on Haptics
More in detail:
Conferences and related events
- The 5th Joint Eurohaptics Conference and IEEE Haptic Symposium will be held on April 14-17, 2013 at Daejon, Korea, General Chair Prof. Don-Soo Kwon see http://www.haptics2013.org/index.php
- The Eurohaptics 2012 conference was held in Tampere, Finland, on June 12-15. Visit the conference web-site for further information <a href="http://www.eurohaptics2012.org/">Eurohaptics 2012</a>
- The Haptic Symposium 2012 was held in Vancouver, Canada, on March 4-7. Visit the conference web-site for further information. http://2012.hapticssymposium.org. The conference included a celebrative retrospective of 20 years of Haptic Symposium
- Within next ICRA 2014, the TCH is endorsing the workshop “Hand synergies - how to tame the complexity of grasping"
Student exchange programs
The Technical Committee on Haptics (TCH) held continuously since last two years the Student Exchange Program for Cross-Disciplinary Fertilization. The program covers the travel expenses for a short-term exchange between two laboratories, with emphasis towards activities of cross-disciplinary fertilization. Applications are sought from any member of the TCH who proposes an interdisciplinary research activity.
The 2011 'TCH Early Career Award' was assigned to Prof. Seungmoon Choi, POSTECH;, while Prof. Allison Okamura, Stanford University, was the recipient of the 2009 award, for their distinguished service to the community and scientific achievements