Recent Activities of the Technical Committee:
The technical committee regularly organizes special sessions associated with the "Robot learning" RAS keyword. If you want your paper to be considered for such a session and have used the above keyword in your submission, please forward an email to the TC co-chairs (contact info at: http://www.ieee-ras.org/robot-learning/contact). The technical committee will not be involved in the reviewing process but will organize the session based on the list of accepted submissions with this keyword.
This is a summary of the workshops which were organized by the IEEE TC on Robot Learning:
- RSS 2014: Learning Plans with Context From Human Signals
- RSS 2014: Advanced Reasoning with Depth Cameras (RGB-D)
- ICRA 2014: Persistent Autonomy for Marine Robotics
- IROS 2012: Beyond Robot Grasping - Modern Approaches for Dynamic Manipulation
- AIMSA 2012: Advances in Robot Learning and Human-Robot Interaction
- ICRA 2010: Approaches to Sensorimotor Learning on Humanoid Robots
- R:SS 2009: Bridging the gap between high-level discrete representations and low-level continuous behaviors
- DAGSTUHL 2009: Cognition, Control and Learning for Robot Manipulation in Human Environments
- IROS 2008: Robotics Challenges for Machine Learning II
- NIPS 2007: Robotics Challenges for Machine Learning
Detailed list of TC activities
- Special Issue on Robot Learning in Practice, IEEE RAM
Special Issue June 1, 2010
IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine
Special Issue on Robot Learning in Practice
Deadline : October 1st 2009
Issue date: June 2010
- Active learning and intrinsically motivated exploration in robots
Special Issue January 31, 2010
Joint special issue with the IEEE CIS Technical committee on Autonomous Mental Development.
- NIPS 2009 Workshop on Probabilistic Approaches for Robotics and Control
Workshop December 11, 2009 - Whistler, BC, Canada
- Machine Learning and Motor Learning for Nonlinear Control
Talk September 14, 2009 - NSF CMMI
Workshop on Neuro-Mechanics
Invited overview talk to convince the NSF Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI) directorate that they should be paying attention to machine learning.
- A Road Map for Motor Skill Learning
Tutorial September 7, 2009 - Bled, Slovenia
First International Workshop on LEarning and data Mining for Robotics (LEMIR 2009)
- Special Issue on Robot Learning, Autonomous Robots
Special Issue September 1, 2009 - N.A.
Autonomous Robots Special Issue on Robot Learning. Edited by Jan Peters (Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics) and Andrew Ng (Stanford)
- Cognition, Control and Learning for Robot Manipulation in Human Environments
Workshop August 16, 2009 - Dagstuhl, Germany
- Robot Learning Summer School
Summer School July 20, 2009 - Lisbon, Portugal
Contact Information: Manuel Lopes
- R:SS 2009 Workshop: Bridging the gap between high-level discrete representations and low-level continuous behaviors
Workshop June 28, 2009 - Seattle, WA, USA
- The Role of Function Approximation for both Regression and Classification in Robotics
Talk June 28, 2009 - Seattle, WA, USA
- Reinforcement Learning by Reward-Weighted Regression
Talk June 28, 2009 - Seattle, WA, USA
- ICRA-2010 Workshop: Approaches to Sensorimotor Learning on Humanoid Robots
Workshop May 17, 2009 - Kobe, Japan
- Learning to Fly Like a Bird
Keynote April 15, 2009 - The Learning Workshop (Snowbird)
Learning-based nonlinear control for difficult to model systems. Also as Invited Talk at ISRR 2009.
- IROS Workshop on Challenges for Robot Learning II
Workshop September 19, 2008 - Nice, France
Robot Learning Workshop to introduce the TC upon establishment.
- Robot Learning
Tutorial August 26, 2008 - Nice, France
Keynote at IROS 2008 Workshop: From motor to interaction learning in robots.
- Motor Skill Learning for Cognitive Robotics
Tutorial July 22, 2008 - Patras, Greece
Tutorial on Robot Learning to the International Workshop on Evolutionary and Reinforcement Learning for Autonomous Robot Systems and The 6th International Cognitive Robotics Workshop.
- Towards Motor Skill Learning in Robotics
Keynote June 28, 2008 - Zuerich, Switzerland
- NIPS Workshop on Robotics Challenges for Machine Learning I
Workshop December 7, 2007 - Whistler, CA
NIPS Workshop preparing the Emergence of the TC