Meetings of the TC-SMA
The IEEE RAS TC on Semiconductor Manufacturing Automation (TC-SMA) holds meetings twice a year at the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE) and the Conference on Modeling and Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing (MASM) within the Winter Simulation Conference. Other meetings may be held depending on the conferences attended by the members.
- The next meeting will be scheduled for MASM in Berlin, Germany, which is held from December 9-12, 2012.
- The presentation from the previous meeting at IEEE CASE 2012, Seoul, South Korea on August 22, 2012 is available on our Previous Meetings website.
The TC-SMA develops special issues to promote the research areas of interest to the TC members and highlight emerging research and technology directions.
- A special issue on Automation for Next Generation High Technology Manufacturing (including a focus on 450mm wafer fabrication) is under discussion by the TC. The target journal will be the IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE T-ASE). More information, including a call for papers, will be posted soon!
- A special issue of C&OR (Computers and Operations Research) is being developed to highlight exceptional papers from the TC sponsored special sessions at IEEE CASE 2012 and MASM 2012. Additional papers of high quality will be solicited via a call for papers. The details will appear soon! Anticipated publication in 2013. Guest editors: Lars Moench (Lead), James R. Morrison, Argon Chen, Andy Ham.
- Organized a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE T-ASE) on Automation in Green Manufacturing together with the TC on Sustainable Production Automation. The target publication date is January 2013. Guest editors: Jingshan Li (Lead), James Morrison, Mike Tao Zhang, Masaru Nakano, Stephan Biller and Bengt Lennartson.
- Organized a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE T-ASE) on Equipment and Operations Automation in the Semiconductor Industry. The issue was published in January 2011, Vol. 8, No. 1. The guest editorial is available to IEEE T-ASE subscribers from this IEEE Xplore link. Guest editors: James R. Morrison (Lead), Chen-Fu Chien, Stephane Dauzere-Peres, Milind Dawande, Han Ding, Jeffery S. Pettinato and Jingang Yi.
The TC-SMA considers organizing workshops on a case by case basis.
- IEEE CASE, August 20, 2012: The TC-SMA co-organized and participated in the 2012 IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE) Workshop on Emerging Topics from Special Sessions at CASE 2012. The TC-SMA has archived the presentations on the Workshop website.
Special Sessions at Conferences
The TC-SMA routinely organizes special sessions at the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE) and its members organize the Modeling and Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing (MASM) conference yearly. TC members play key roles on the organizing committee, steering committee and program committee of several other conferences related to semiconductor manufacturing automation. The TC website provides further details of conference involvement on the Activities tab.
In 2012, the TC began archiving presentations from our special sessions and organized conferences.
- IEEE CASE, August 2012: The TC organized four special sessions for the 2012 IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE). The presentations are available on our Special Sessions website.
Other Services and Activities
The TC-SMA is developing other services to provide to the semiconductor manufacturing automation community. The results will appear soon! If you have suggestions for services we can provide, or wish to support the TC, please contact the TC co-chairs.