The IEEE RAS Summer School on "Deep Learning for Robot Vision" will be held on December 9-13, 2019 in Santiago & Rancagua, Chile.
The Summer School is co-organized by the School of Engineering of the Universidad de Chile and the Institute of Engineering Sciences of the Universidad de O'Higgins, Chile. It is co-founded by the IEEE RAS Summer School Program, it is technically sponsored by the IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Robot Learning, and it follows the successful IEEE RAS Summer School on "Robot Vision and Applications" organized in Chile in 2012.
The Summer School targets students (Master / PhD level and last years of undergraduate), researchers and professionals interested in Robotics, Robot Vision, Deep Learning and related topics. The official language of the summer school is English, and it will include tutorial courses, keynote lectures, a student poster competition, and live demonstrations (autonomous vehicle, robot soccer, domestic robots, etc.).
In addition to the tutorial courses and keynote lectures, we will have:
- A student poster contest on robotics,
- Demo sessions where various robots will be displayed and introduced.
- A hands-on course, where a small set of attendants (no more than 10), after submitting a project proposal, will have the opportunity to do some hands practical course with deep learning methods using a last-generation high performance computer platform (GPU cluster NVIDIA DGX-1).
- A paper seminar, for researchers and advanced students, where selected participants (no more than 10) - after submitting a short proposal of their own project or a paper of interest - will be able to discuss the projects and papers with some of the lecturers joining the summer school.
Topics of Interest
- Deep learning methods in Robotics
- Robot Vision
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Learning for Robot Vision Under Time
- Hardware Constraints
- Deep Learning for 3D Reconstruction
- Deep & Model Based Learning
- Deep Learning for Manipulation and Grasping
For more information, go to robotvision2019.amtc.cl