Workshops and tutorials on surgical robotics have become recurring components of ICRA, IROS, and BioRob conferences. The TC chairs have successfully supported, or organized/co-organized in some of these workshops at IEEE and Robotics: Science and Systems conferences, summer schools, and symposiums. We have listed below some recent activities.
- 3rd North American Summer School on "Image-Guided Intervention, Surgical Robotics and Simulation", Upcoming in August 2012 - London, Canada.
- 2-Day single-track Symposium on Surgical Robotics as part of IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, Rome, Italy, 2012.
- ICRA 2012 workshop on "Pathways to Clinical Needle Steering: Recent Advances and Future Applications", May 2012 – St. Paul, USA.
- ICRA 2012 workshop on "Modular Surgical Robotics: how can we make it possible?", May 2012 – St. Paul, USA.
- RSS 2012 Workshop on "Algorithmic Frontiers in Medical Robotics: Manipulation in Uncertain, Deformable, Heterogeneous Environments", July 2012 - Sydney, Australia.
- IROS 2011 Workshop on "Image-Guided Medical Robotic Interventions", October 2011 - San Francisco, USA.
- 2010 North American Summer School in "Surgical Robotics and Simulation", August 2010 - Seattle, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Medical Cyber-Physical Systems", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Meso-Scale Robotics for Medical Interventions", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Snakes, Worms and Catheters: Continuum and Serpentine Robots for Minimally Invasive Surgery", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.