We kindly invite you to submit your contributions to the following special issue:
IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine Special Issue- "Emerging Paradigms for Robotic Manipulation: from the Lab to the Productive World”
Due to the actual situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic we decided to extend the submission deadline for the Special Issue and postpone its publication of 3 months.
- Submission deadline: 1 August 2020
- Foreseen publication date: June 2021
Call for papers:
This special issue will explore cutting-edge technologies in robotic grasping and manipulation that have gone further than pure research environments and are currently being tested or implemented in real-world scenarios. In particular, submission of joint works between industries and research centers in diverse application areas such as production lines, entertainment, medical devices, and human-robot collaboration are encouraged. The special issue will bring attention on the most recent applied advances in robotic manipulation and grasping, and most importantly, the main challenges addressed to transfer these technologies to the productive world.
The main topics targeted with this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- New design paradigms for robotic hands and hand prostheses
- New control paradigms for robotic grasping and dexterous manipulation
- Artificial Intelligence applied to robotic grasping and manipulation
- Human-robot co-manipulation and handover: safety, ergonomics, ease of learning, and mutual understanding.
- Technology transfer challenges from research labs to industry in scenarios ranging from purely autonomous robotics to human-robot collaboration.
- Incorporating new paradigms into existing companies: do we need to restructure the working place for the new systems?
- Problems and solutions when integrating several existing research outputs into an overall working solution: description of successfully integrated systems and their working principles.
Virginia Ruiz Garate, Maria Pozzi, Arash Ajoudani, Kensuke Harada, Monica Malvezzi, Maximo Roa, Leonel Rozo.