Call for Papers: IEEE RA-Letters Special Issue on Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Challenges and Progress
Over the last decade there has been a significant increase of research activities focusing on robotic grasping and dexterous manipulation in dynamic and unstructured environments. The special issue “Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Challenges and Progress” of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters aims to summarize the state of the art and recent progress that has been achieved by the teams participating in the grasping and manipulation competitions of the IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Robotic Hands, Grasping and Manipulation.
The desired outcome of this special issue will be to highlight the challenges that the researchers face, to share the knowledge and the open-source tools that have been created for these competitions, and to focus on high impact applications of the conducted research. This special issue will encourage submission of joint works of different research groups that have been competing against each other in logistics, services robotics, and manufacturing competitions, using different robotic grasping and dexterous manipulation methods and technologies. We believe that the collection of papers would also form a guideline for new participants and encourage participation to similar competitions in the future.
Topics of interest for this special issue include and are not limited to:
* New modelling, design, and control methods for robotic grippers and hands
* New planning methods for robotic grasping and dexterous manipulation
* New perception methods for executing grasping and dexterous manipulation tasks in unstructured environments
* New benchmarks and evaluation methods that focus on robotic grasping and manipulation
* Machine learning methods and schemes that focus on robotic grasping and dexterous manipulation tasks
* Skill transfer between humans and robots for robust grasping and dexterous, within-hand manipulation
* Systems and architectures of robotics systems that are successful in grasping and manipulation competitions
The special issue has the following timeline:
1 August 2020 - Call for Papers
15 January 2021 - PaperCept open for submission
31 January 2021 - Submission deadline
27 April 2021 - Authors receive RA-L reviews and recommendation
11 May 2021 - Authors of accepted MS submit final RA-L version
27 May 2021 - Authors of R&R MS resubmit revised MS
1 July 2021 - Authors receive final RA-L decision
15 July 2021 - Authors submit final RA-L files
20 July 2021 - Camera ready version appears in RA-L on IEEEXplore
30 July 2021 - Final Publication
For More Information Click Here!