Volume 8, Number 4
1. IEEE/IFR IERA Award Application Deadline Extended to 20 February, 2009
The deadline for applications for the IEEE/IFR Invention and Entrepreneurship in Robotics and Automation Award has been extended until 20 February. Note that the recipient of the award must be an individual or team of individuals, not a company or other organization, although the company may be recognized.
See http://www.ieee-ras.org/awards/awardshow/id/12 for details.
2. RAS Society and IEEE Fellow Nominations Deadline is 1 March
3. Looming conference deadlines!
- 23 February ICCAS-SICE 2009: ICROS-SICE Int'l Joint Conf. 18-21 Aug. Fukuoka, Japan. http://www.sice.or.jp/ICCAS-SICE2009/.
- 1 March IROS 2009: IEEE/RSJ Int'l Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems. 11-15 Oct. St Louis MO USA.http://www.iros09.mtu.edu.
- 3 March MMAR 2009: 14th IEEE Int'l Conf. on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics. 19-21 Aug. Miedzyzdroje, Poland. http://www.mmar.ps.pl.
- 13 March ICAR 2009: Int'l Conf. on Advanced Robotics, 24-26 June. Munich, http:/www.icar2009.org/.
- 15 March RO-MAN 2009: 18th IEEE Int'l Symposium on Robotics and Human Interactive Communication. 27 Sep.- 2 Oct. Toyama, Japan http://ro-man2009.org/html/.
- 20 March ICMA 2009: IEEE Int'l Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation. Aug. 9-12. Changchun China. http://www.ieee-icma.org/.
- 1 April NetRob 2009: IFAC Workshop on Networked Robotics. 6-8 Oct. Golden, CO USA. http://control.mines.edu/netrob09/.
See www.ieee-ras.org/conferences for a complete listing of RAS Sponsored,cosponsored, and technically cosponsored events.