We are pleased to announce the 19th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Its Social Impacts (ARSO 2023), which will take place in Berlin, Germany on 5 – 7 June 2023, in conjunction with ICRA 2023. Contributions for papers and organized sessions are now open (accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and on IEEE Xplore).
Please note that the organized session proposal deadline has been extended to December 14th.
Advanced robots are expected to enter in promising applications in our future society and bring substantial impacts. The increasing implementation of AI-based components even broadens their fields of application. To ensure that these impacts are positively reflected, we must now extend views not only on technical aspects but also on social challenges that we might face, which relate to issues such as safety, regulation, ethics, human factors, and philosophy.
Topics of Interest
- Human-robot interaction in physical & psychological aspects
- Safety standards for advanced robots & autonomous systems
- Legal and ethical issues for advanced robots
- Impact of robotics on society, e.g. robot business, marketing & economic impact
- Robotics for sustainability, climate change or civil aid
- Advanced industrial robots for future manufacturing
- Healthcare & medical applications
- Rehabilitation and transfer robotics
- Service & assistance applications
- Entertainment & education robotics
- Robotics & autonomous driving
- Bio-inspired robotics
- Soft and wearable robotics
Check out our website for more details.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Organized session proposal deadline: 14 Dec 2022
- Notification of Organized Session Acceptance: 15 Dec 2022
- Initial paper submission deadline: 31 Jan 2023
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: 1 April 2023
- Final paper submission deadline: 30 April 2023