RAS Bolivia Section Chapter to Host Distinguished Lecturer Lucia Pallottino
Date: 10 December, 2021
Time: 02:00 PM (UTC-4)
Organizer: RAS Bolivia Chapter
Introduction on Multi-Robot Systems: Challenges in the Next Future
Abstract Multi-robot systems have been a research topic for a long time and are now becoming a reality in several application areas. The importance of having a methodological approach to handle such a system is due to the different challenges that are needed to be faced to make them work in a real environment with some flexibility. Fundamental concepts, approaches, applications and future challenges will be described in the talk.
Lucia Pallottino is currently Associate Professor at the Centro di Ricerca "E. Piaggio" and the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione at the University of Pisa. She received the "Laurea" degree in Mathematics in 1998 and a Doctoral degree in Robotics and Industrial Automation in 2002. She has been Visiting Scholar at M.I.T. (2000-2001) in the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS ). She has been Visiting Researcher at UCLA, (2004) in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department (MAE ).
She is (or has been):
- Deputy Director of Centro di Ricerca "E. Piaggio" (since Jan. 2017);
- Responsible of the CrossLab in Advanced Manufacturing (2018-2020);
- Co-founder of Proxima robotics srl and X-Star motion, Spin-offs of the University of Pisa;
- Chair of the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society Italian Chapter (I-RAS) (Jan. 2015- Dec. 2018);
- Senior Editor of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (since 2020), Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems (Since 2021) and of IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (Since 2021) , Associate Editor of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (2017-2020) and of the IEEE Transaction on Robotics (2014-2017).
She is Principal Investigator of the DeCAIR Erasmus+ European project and scientific collaborator in the DARKO European project. She has also been Principal Investigator of the ILIAD European project and Scientific collaborator in the WALK-MAN European project. Her main research interests within Robotics are in motion planning and control, optimal control, coordination of multi–robot systems, distributed algorithms.
RAS is a volunteer driven society with over 13,000 members worldwide.
Students are future of robotics and automation.
IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems
IEEE International conference on Robotics and Automation