IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) is excited to announce our collaboration with IEEE Entrepreneurship to present Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Robotics.
In this session, presenters will discuss the factors that cause startups / products to fail in the robotics space with a specific focus on technical challenges, best practices, and possibilities for improvement. We will hear case studies into the various phases of innovation and product development and learn about the circumstances that contribute to the high and lows of entrepreneurship in the robotics industry.
Some questions / points to explore:
- What is your product / solution / service offering?
- What is the biggest challenge for a robotics startup at the moment?
- Do you have a market entry / customer base?
- What are some of the product evolution lessons you have learned?
- What is the biggest challenge you face?
- Looking back over the 4 – 5 years in your roles, what would you have done differently?
- What is one piece of practical advice you would give to someone starting?
- Has the IEEE (standards, technical society, conferences, etc.) played a role in your product innovation?
- Who do you talk to when you need advice?
- Without naming names, what was the worst piece of advice that you got from someone who you were sure knew what they were talking about?
- Tell us about the first time you ran a pilot with a customer. What were you over-prepared for, and what were you underprepared for?
- What technologies do you think have the most potential for new robotics companies right now?