ARSO 2020- International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Its Social Impacts (POSTPONED)
The ARSO2020 organizing committee has been monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic. After studying and evaluating announcements, guidance and news released by the WHO and relevant government offices, we are sorry to announce that ARSO2020, scheduled to be held from October 8 to 10, 2020, has been postponed in order to prioritize the safety and well-being of all conference participants.
ARSO2020 will now be held at the same place before or after summer in 2021. Relevant information for authors and participants will be posted on this website when available.
8-10 October 2020 | Aichi International Exhibition Center, Japan
ARSO is a single track conference, aiming to provide world class researchers, engineers, investors, economists, and representatives of industry and government with a forum to discuss cutting-edge robotics technologies, business opportunities, and other impacts on human society. Topics range from advanced robotics technologies, innovation, socio-economic aspects, but also psychological and philosophical aspects of human robot interaction. The conferece will be held in conjunction with the World Robot Sumit 2020 (WRS2020) and IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Safety for Robotics (ISR2020).
It is our great honor to announce the 16th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics and Its Social Impacts (ARSO 2020), is held in Aichi International Exhibition Center [Aichi Sky Expo], Tokoname, Japan on 8-10 October 2020. Advanced Robots are expected in their promising applications into various services dedicated to our society. The robots must bring great impacts to the society positively and might do negatively. Those impacts should be considered and discussed from viewpoint of not only technical solution but also the social issues including safety, law, ethics, psychology and philosophy. The topic of interest includes, but are not limited to the following:
- HRI and social robotics
- Safety issues of human-robot interactions in physical & psychological aspects
- Safety standards for advanced robots and autonomous systems
- Legal and ethical issues for advanced robots
- Robot business, marketing & economic impact
- Advanced industrial robots for future manufacturing
- Healthcare and medical applications
- Rehabilitation and transfer robots
- Service and assistance
- Entertainment and education
- Robotics and autonomous driving
- AI and robotics
- Bio-inspired robotics
- 24 April 2020- Deadline for Organized Session Proposal
- 24 May 2020- Deadline for Full Paper Submission
- 24 July 2020- Notification of Acceptance
- 31 August 2020- Deadline for Final Paper Submission