IEEE RAS Town Hall
Calling all Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) members, and those interested in learning more about the RAS. We want to connect with YOU at the upcoming RAS Town Hall. RAS leaders will be present to discuss current initiatives and future programs, and to hear your voice on what you think should be the priorities of RAS and our community.
RAS has many new initiatives in the works for our members:
- A significantly expanded member support program to provide travel and registration support to authors and contributors of our flagship conferences.
- Expanded in-person and online career fairs and services to connect employers with members seeking careers in robotics and automation.
- Launching of a new journal, Robotics and Automation Practice, to engage our growing community of practitioners.
- Empowering our Technical Communities (TCs) with greater autonomy and financial support.
- Restructuring our conference programs to better respond to the needs of our rapidly growing and evolving community.
The second half of the Town Hall will be devoted to a conversation on new educational initiatives, and feedback from our community on our current publications and paper review practices:
- Development of online educational content, from certified core curricula to advanced courses.
- Improving our review process: reducing review loads, improving technical quality of the reviews, alternative review models.
- Our journal-to-conference publication model, other publication models.
Other topics for discussion are highly welcome; please submit them in advance HERE.
All in-person attendees of the Town Hall will be provided with newly designed RAS T-shirts!
The Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) oversees all activities related to the organisation of IEEE-RAS conferences and IEEE journals on robotics. RAS Executive and Administrative Committee is composed of world leading scientists who devote some of their free time to keep our community striving.