Forthcoming special issues
IEEE Transactions on Haptics Call for Papers Special Issue on Surface Haptics
Haptics for interactive touch surfaces, also known as surface haptics, is a new area of research in the field of haptics. The goal of surface haptics is to generate haptic effects on physical surfaces such as the touch surfaces used in mobile cell phones, tablets, kiosks, information displays, and front panels of new generation home appliances and cars.
Topics of interest include:
- Studies on the design and evaluation of various actuation technologies (vibrotactile, electroadhesive, ultrasonic, electromagnetic, etc.) for displaying haptic feedback through touch surfaces
- Tactile rendering algorithms for displaying virtual shapes and textures on touch surfaces
- The mechanics and neuroscience of contact between the human fingerpad and touch surfaces displaying haptic feedback
- Studies on surface haptics investigating human perception, cognition, attention, new HCI paradigms, and user interface design and experience (UIX)
- Applications of surface haptics in consumer electronics, the automotive industry, home appliances, designing aids for the visually impaired, online shopping, gaming and entertainment, data visualization, education, tele-touch, and art appreciation.
Visit http://www.ieee-ras.org/publications/toh/submission-procedures to view formatting requirements, and submit your paper at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/toh When uploading your paper please select the appropriate special issue title under the category “Manuscript Type.”
15 November 2019 - Deadline for submission of papers
13 January 2020 - First decisions to authors
16 March 2020 - Second decisions to authors
18 May 2020 - Final publication materials due from authors
1 September 2020 - Special issue publication
Prof. Cagatay Basdogan, Koc University
Prof. Seungmoon Choi, Postech
Prof. Frederic Giraud, University of Lille
Prof. Vincent Levesque, ETS
Call for papers available here.