IEEE RAS School on Social and Artificial Intelligence for User-Friendly Robots
We invite PhD students as well as post-doctoral candidates with the relevant research background to apply for this spring school. Exceptional students pursuing relevant Masters degrees are also very welcome to apply. Submissions will be considered through following criteria:
- Relevance of the research field.
- Impact of the school in the researcher's career.
All applications should be submitted as a single Portable Document Format (PDF) file using the following guidelines. Submissions will be evaluated on quality as well as relevance to the workshop's theme.
Applicants are encouraged to join the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) as student members before applying for the school.
All applications should be submitted using the following EasyChair web link: Application Submission.
Participation fees for the event is 1300 USD. This includes registration, accommodation, meals as well as coffee or snacks. The facilities of the venue are shown in the images below. We would like to thank our funders that enabled us to keep this amount to an affordable level. In cases of exceptional applications requiring additional support, some scholarships would be available. The details of the money transfer as well as scholarships would be announced by Nov 21, 2018.
Guidelines for applications:
In order to be considered for the school, the applications must include following files (combined into one file). No other documents would be necessary.
- Curriculum Vitae: A two pages or less of CV detailing relevant aspects of the candidate's academic career that demonstrates her/his relevance to the school theme.
- Research Abstract: A 200 word research abstract that the candidate intends to present during the school.
- Letter of recommendation: A short letter from the academic advisor or the employer of the candidate supporting her/his application.
Application Submission Deadline - 10 January 2019
Acceptance Notification - 14 January 2019
School Date - 17-24 March, 2019