Deadline Extension- CALL for IEEE RAS Student Activities Committee (SAC) Chair AND Co‐Chairs
DEADLINE EXTENSION ends 22-January-2020
The IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) is seeking applications for the Member Activities Board’s Student Activities Committee (SAC). There are openings for one chair and one or more co‐chairs. These positions offer great opportunities to learn more about the Society, have an international impact, and expand one’s professional network. The chair will serve for two calendar years (2020 – 2021), and the co‐chairs for a one‐year term in 2020 and renewable for a second year.
The IEEE‐RAS Student Activities Committee promotes student participation in the Society activities in co‐operation with all Society Boards, Committees and Working Groups, under the supervision of the Member Activities Board. The mission of the committee includes working on issues of interest to student members and interacting with student members and student chapter branches. Current areas of focus include:
- Lunch with Leaders held at flagship conferences (ICRA, CASE, IROS)
- Fun, informal social events at RAS sponsored conferences
- Educational webinars
- Membership development
- SAC Website and social media content
- Coordination with student branch chapter chairs
- SAC column in IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine (quarterly publication)
If you wish to be considered, please complete an Application Form by 10 January 2020 22 January 2020 and indicate whether you are applying for the Chair or Co-Chair position (please specify one or more co-chair positions): and include the following information:
- A letter indicating applicant’s interest in serving on the SAC and relevant experience (2 pages maximum)
- A CV or résumé (2 pages maximum)
- A letter of support from a faculty member at your college or university (preferably a current member of IEEE and RAS).
For more information, click here.