Workshops and tutorials on surgical robotics have become recurring components of ICRA, IROS, and BioRob conferences. The TC chairs have successfully supported, or organized/co-organized in some of these workshops at IEEE and Robotics: Science and Systems conferences, summer schools, and symposiums. We have listed below some recent activities.
- IROS 2019: Workshop on "Intelligent Robot Interactions with the Anatomy", proposal submitted, 2019, Macau, China.
- 3rd Summer School on Singularities of Mechanisms and Robotic Manipulators (SIMERO 2019) , July 29 - August 2, 2019, Linz, Austria.
- ICRA 2019: Workshop on "Next Generation Surgery: Seamless integration of Robotics, Machine Learning and Knowledge Representation within the operating rooms", 2019, Montreal, Canada.
- ICRA 2019: Workshop on "Open Challenges and State-of-the-Art in Control System Design and Technology Development for Surgical Robotic Systems", 2019, Montreal, Canada.
- IEEE Spring School on Surgical Robotics (SSMR), 2019, Atlanta, GA.
- IROS 2018: Workshop on “Continuum and Soft Robots (CSR) for medical interventions: modeling, fabrication, and control”, October 1, 2018, Madrid, Spain.
- IROS 2018: Workshop on “Assistive Technologies for Precision Neurosurgery: Current Successes and Future Challenges”, October 1, 2018, Madrid, Spain.
- IROS 2018: Tutorial on “Collaborative Robotics Toolkit (CRTK) and Open Platforms for Medical Robotics Research”, October 1, 2018, Madrid, Spain.
- ICRA 2018: Workshop on "Supervised Autonomy In Surgical Robotics", May 21-25, 2018, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2nd Biennial School on Cognitive Surgical Roboticsnd Biennial School on Cognitive Surgical Robotics, July 9-13, 2018, Verona, Italy
- IROS 2017: Workshop on “Shared Platforms for Medical Robotics Research”, September 24, 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
- IROS 2017: Workshop on "Continuum Robots in Medicine Design, Integration, and Applications", September 24, 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
- 2nd Summer School On Singularities Of Mechanisms And Robotic Manipulators (SIMERO 2017), September 18-22, 2017, Linz, Austria.
- ASME DSCC 2017: Workshop on "Continuum Robots for Surgery: Modeling, Control, and Applications", October 10, 2017, Tysons Corner, Virginia
- ICRA 2017: Workshop on "C4 Surgical Robots: Compliant, Continuum, Cognitive, and Collaborative", June 2, 2017, Singapore.
- IROS 2016: "Frontiers of Endoluminal Robotics Surgery", October 14, 2016, Daejeon, Korea.
- ISCAS/ASCAS/IROS Joint Workshop on "Intelligent Instruments and Software for Future Medical Workspaces", Oct. 14, 2016, Daejeon, Korea.
- COSUR 2016: "1st Biannual Summer School on Control of Surgical Robots", September 5-9, 2016, Italy.
- CRAS 2016: "6th Joint Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery", September 9-12, 2016, Italy.
- Hamlyn Symposium on Surgical Robotics: "Towards Clinical Impact in Robotic Assisted Neuro and Skull-Base Surgery", June 28, 2016, London,UK
- DGIST Innovation Festival 2015: "Intelligent Surgical Robots: from Manipulation Augmentation to Complementary Situational Awareness", November
19-20, 2015, Daegu, South Korea
- 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems: Workshop/Tutorial on "Navigation and Actuation of Flexible
Instruments in Medical Applications" and "Robotic endoscopic capsule for gastrointestinal screening, diagnosis and therapy: achievements and future
challenges", September 28 – October 03, 2015, Hamburg, Germany.
- IROS 2015: Workshop on "Shared Frameworks for Medical Robotics Research", May 30, 2015, Brussel, Belgium.
- ICRA 2015: Workshop on "Surgical Robotics Innovations in Europe" and "The Intuitive DVRK, CISST-SAW and Matlab xPC: a Case Study for System
Interoperability Supporting Robot Situational Awareness Research", May 26 - 30, 2015, Seattle, USA
- IDEASTM (Innovation, Design, and Emerging Alliances in Surgery): Surgical Robotics: Defining Grand Challenges for Surgery and Robotics, Saturday March 28, 2015, Boston, USA.
- IROS2014: Community Consensus Benchmarks for Clinical Translation of Medical Robots IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Robotics and Systems (IROS), September 17, 2014, Chicago, IL, USA.
- 4TH BIENNIAL NORTH AMERICAN SUMMER SCHOOL ON SURGICAL ROBOTICS, July 21-25, 2014, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- ICRA 2013: Workshop organized by EUROSURGE (EU FP7 Project), Karlsruhe, Germany.
- ICRA 2013: Information Session on IEEE RAS Study Group on Standards in Surgical Robotics, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- IROS 2012: Workshop on Magnetically Actuated Multiscale Medical Robots, Vilamoura, Portugal.
- 2-Day single-track Symposium on Surgical Robotics as part of IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, Rome, Italy, July 2012.
- RSS 2012: Workshop on “Algorithmic Frontiers in Medical Robotics: Manipulation in Uncertain, Deformable, Heterogeneous Environments”, Sydney, Australia.
- IROS 2011: Workshop on “Image-Guided Medical Robotic Interventions”, San Francisco, USA.
- 3rd North American Summer School on "Image-Guided Intervention, Surgical Robotics and Simulation", Upcoming in August 2012 - London, Canada.
- 2-Day single-track Symposium on Surgical Robotics as part of IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, Rome, Italy, 2012.
- ICRA 2012 workshop on "Pathways to Clinical Needle Steering: Recent Advances and Future Applications", May 2012 – St. Paul, USA.
- ICRA 2012 workshop on "Modular Surgical Robotics: how can we make it possible?", May 2012 – St. Paul, USA.
- RSS 2012 Workshop on "Algorithmic Frontiers in Medical Robotics: Manipulation in Uncertain, Deformable, Heterogeneous Environments", July 2012 - Sydney, Australia.
- IROS 2011 Workshop on "Image-Guided Medical Robotic Interventions", October 2011 - San Francisco, USA.
- 2010 North American Summer School in "Surgical Robotics and Simulation", August 2010 - Seattle, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Medical Cyber-Physical Systems", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Meso-Scale Robotics for Medical Interventions", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.
- ICRA 2010 Workshop on "Snakes, Worms and Catheters: Continuum and Serpentine Robots for Minimally Invasive Surgery", May 2010 - Anchorage, USA.