IROS Workshop on "Biologically Inspired Based Strategies for Hybrid and Multi-Modal Locomotion", November 3, 2013, at the 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2013), Tokyo, Japan.
Visit http://tc-biorobotics.com/ for details.
List of activities during past three years
- International Workshop on Bionic Engineering (IWBE 2012) in Zhangjiajie, China, October 16-19, 2012.
Chair of TC-BioRobotics gave the keynote speech on IWBE2012, Oct. 16-19, Zhangjiajie, China
- Half-day Workshop on Smart Materials and Alternative Technologies for Bioinspired Robots and Systems, (Workshop) IROS, October 11, 2012, Algarve, Portugal
- Workshop on Biologically Inspired Approaches to Multi-Modal Robotic Locomotion, (Workshop) at the Fourth IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob 2012)
- Workshop on In-Vivo Mechatronic Systems for Long-Term Physiological Monitoring and Stimulation: Current Status and Future Challenges, (Conference) at the Fourth IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob 2012)
- Special Symposium on Biologically Inspired Robotics at IROS2011, (Organized Symposium) September 30, 2011, San Francisco, California
Prof. Robert FULL (left ) and Prof. Shigeo HIROSE (right) in the IROS2011
- IEEE RAS &EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioROB2010), (Conference) September 26, 2010, Tokyo, Japan
- Half-Day Workshop on Critical Impediments and Future Challenges for Multi- Modal Robotic Locomotion, (Workshop) October 15, 2009 - St. Louis, MO, United States
- Full-Day Workshop on Biologically-Inspired Robotics, (Workshop) October 11, 2009, St. Louis, MO, United States
- Submitted: Supporting Workshop on “Unconventional Approaches to Robotics, Automation and Control Inspired by Nature,” at the 2013 International Conference of Robotics and Automation (ICRA2013).
- Submitted: Supporting Workshop on “Natural Motion Analysis and Reconstruction,” at the 2013 International Conference of Robotics and Automation (ICRA2013).
- Planning: Workshop or Symposium on Bioinspired Robotics, IROS2013. Book proposal, Intelligent Assistive Robots“, Springer-Verlag.
- Planning: Journal’s Special Issue on elevant themes on Bioinspired Robotics & Technology, 2013-2014.
- Article on TC: K. H. Low, Ravi Vaidyanathan, Jorge Solis, and Justin Seipel, “Contribution Toward Future Biorobots,” IEEE ROBOTICS & AUTOMATION MAGAZINE, pp. 16-17, June 2012.
- Conference papers generated from IEEE workshops and symposium sessions on bioinspired robotics.
- ASME/IEEE TMech Focused Issue on Biologically Inspired Mechatronics, jointly initiated by the TC co-chairs, K. H. Low and Xinyan Deng with the TMech EiC. Metin Sitti has been invited to lead the Guest Editorial team. Good response to the Call-for-Paper with more than 60 papers received. Two separate issues will be published in 2012/2013 to cover twenty papers in excellent quality.
- Individual journal and conferences published by TC co-chairs.