- WearRAcon 17 – (Sugar), April 19 – 21, 2017 at HYATT REGENCY PHOENIX, 122 North Second Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, https://wra5.wildapricot.org/event-2359716, WearRAcon 17 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE RAS.
- WearRAcon 16 – (Sugar) Organizer of a IEEE Technically co-sponsored conference on Wearable Robotics building a collaboration with industry, http://www.wearablerobotics.com/wearracon-16/
- Co-Chair (Mohammed) of the Workshop “Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment”, IROS 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, http://www.lissi.fr/iros-ar2017/doku.php
- Co-Chairs (Vitiello, Mohammed, Moreno, Walsh) of the workshop “Wearable robotics for motion assistance and rehabilitation - RoboAssist 2016”, IROS 2016, Daejeon, Korea, http://roboassist.net/IROS2016_WS/doku.php/start
- Co-Chair (Mohammed) of the Workshop “Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment”, IROS 2016, Daejeon, Korea, http://lissi.fr/iros-ar2016/doku.php
- Co-Chairs (Vitiello, Mohammed and Moreno) of the workshop “Wearable robotics for motion assistance and rehabilitation - RoboAssist 2015”, ICORR 2015, Singapore
- Co-Chair (Mohammed) of the Workshop “Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment”, IROS 2015, Hamburg, Germany http://lissi.fr/iros-ar2015/doku.php
- Local organizer (Walsh) of the 6th International Wyss Symposium, Bioinspired Robotics, Boston, MA, 2015, http://wyss.harvard.edu/viewevent/453/
- Co-Chairs (Vitiello, Mohammed and Moreno) of the workshop “Wearable robotics for motion assistance and rehabilitation - RoboAssist 2014”, ICRA 2014, Hong Kong, China http://roboassist2014.com/doku.php
- Local organizer (Vitiello) of the International Workshop on Human-Friendly Robotics 2014, Pontedera, Pisa, Italy http://sssa.bioroboticsinstitute.it/workshops/HR2014
- Co-Chair (Mohammed) of the Workshop “Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment”, IROS 2014, Chicago, USA http://lissi.fr/iros-ar2014/doku.php
- Co-Chair (Mohammed) of the Workshop “Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment”, IROS 2013, Tokyo, Japan http://lissi.fr/iros-ar/doku.php
- Co-Chairs (Vitiello, Mohammed and Moreno) of the Special Session “Wearable robotics for motion assistance and rehabilitation - RoboAssist 2013”, Neurotechnix 2013, Algarve, Portugal http://www.neurotechnix.org/RoboAssist.aspx?y=2013
- Co-Chair (Moreno) of the Workshop “Innovative Technologies for Rehabilitation Exoskeleton” at the IEEE/RAS-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, BioRob 2012, Rome, Italy.
3. Special Issues in selected Journals
- Guest Editor (Mohammed), Special Issue on Assistive and Rehabilitation Robotics, Springer Autonomous Robots, vol. 41-3, 2017 https://link.springer.com/journal/10514/41/3/page/1
- Guest Editor (Vitiello), Special Issue on Bioinspired Motor Control for Articulated Robots, IEEE, Robotics and Automation Magazine, 2016 http://www.ieee-ras.org/about-ras/latest-news/534-call-for-papers-ram-special-issue
- Guest Editors (Vitiello, Mohammed and Moreno), Special Issue on Wearable Robotics for motion Assistance and Rehabilitation, IEEE TNSRE, Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, scheduled for December 2016. http://tnsre.embs.org/2014/07/03/call-papers-wearable-robotics-motion-assistance-rehabilitation/
- Guest Editors (Vitiello, Mohammed and Moreno), Special Issue on Wearable Robotics for motion Assistance and Rehabilitation, Elsevier, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2015 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09218890/73
- Co-editors (Mohammed, Moreno) of a book at Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics - STAR, Springer "Intelligent Assistive Robots - Recent Advances in Assistive Robotics for Everyday Activities", , ISBN : 978-3-319-12921-1, Vol. 106, 2015.
- Co-organizer (Moreno) of the Special session on Wearable Robotics for Assistance and Rehabilitation (WRAR), for the 20th International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and Support Technologies for Mobile Machines (CLAWAR 2017), Porto, Portugal.
- Participant (Vitiello): Presentation of the H2020 CYBERLEGs Plus Plus project at European Robotics Forum in Scotland ERF2017, http://www.erf2017.eu.
- Organizer (Moreno) of special session at IFESS 2016 on Modelling and control methods for FES systems and/or wearable exoskeletons for rehabilitation or assistance of human movement, https://ifess2016.inria.fr/program/special-session-wearable-robotics/, La Grande-Motte, France
- Organizer (Moreno) of special session at ICNR/WeRob 2016 on Symbiotic control of Wearable Robotics, The BioMot project, http://werob2016.org/special-sessions/
- Organizer (Walsh) of special session at ICNR/WeRob 2016 on Soft wearable robotics http://werob2016.org/special-sessions/
- Co-organizer (Moreno) of Invited Session on Cyber-Physical Systems for Restoring Human Movement Paralysis at 1st IFAC Conference on Cyber-Physical & Human-Systems, Florianopolis, Brasil, 2016.
- Organized Session Co-Chair (Hasegawa) of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, 2014, 2015
- President of Scientific Program (Moreno) ”Congreso Iberoamericano de Tecnologías de Apoyo a la Discapacidad, IBERDISCAP”, Bogotá Colombia, 22/11/2017 - 24/11/2017.
- IEEE RAS Standing Committee for Standards Activities (Sugar) Organizer of a group to study and classify wearable robots and determine which existing standards apply and what new standards should be developed.
- Executive Board Member (Walsh), Cybathlon http://www.cybathlon.ethz.ch/
- Vice-Chair (Wang), Committee of Rehabilitation Engineering, Beijing Association of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Workshop Co-Chair (Hasegawa) of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2015.
- Administrative Committee of RAS (Hasegawa), 2014.
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief (Hasegawa) of ROBOMECH Journal (Springer).
- Dupty Chief Editor (Hasegawa) Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, 2010-2013.
- Associate Vice President (Hasegawa) of RAS TAB, 2008-2009.
- Nicola Vitiello has delivered, in March 2017, a course entitled "Robotic Exoskeletons" to the MSc in Bionics Engineering program jointly offered by the University of Pisa (UNIPI) and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA)
8. Sponsored IEEE-RAS workshops:
- IROS 2017: Full Day Workshop, September 28th, 2017, entitled "Embodied Brain Systems Science from Body Representation in Human Brain toward Rehabilitation Technology" organized by Q. An, J. Ota, H. Asama and T. Kondo
- IROS 2017: Full Day Workshop, September 24th, 2017, entitled "On the Energetic Economy of Robotics and Biological Systems: A Challenging Handicap to Overcome" organized by N. Kashiri, B. Vanderborght, J. Malzahn, M. Daley and N. Tsagarakis
- ICRA 2017: Full Day Workshop, June 2nd, 2017 entitled "Assistive Robotics: From the Natural to the Artificial and Back Again" organized by A. Ajoudani, K. Y. Cho, T. Flash, E. Schearer
- ICRA 2017: Full Day Workshop, June 2nd, 2017 entitled "Advances and Challenges on the Development, Testing and Assessment of Assistive Robots: Experiences from Engineering and Human Science Research" organized by J. Solis, Y. Takeda, E. Tanaka, A. Frisoli
- ICRA 2017: Full Day Workshop, June 2nd, 2017 entitled "Mechanics of Human Locomotion and the Development of Wearable Robotic Systems" organized by E. Rouse, H. Lee, H. Vallery, P. Artemiadis
- ICRA 2017: Full Day Workshop, June 2nd, 2017 entitled "IC3 - Industry of the Future: Collaborative, Connected, Cognitive. Novel Approaches Stemming from Factory of the Future & Industry 4.0 Initiatives" organized by P. Dario, A. Knoll, L. Seneviratne, M. Maffei, A. Baroncelli