Transactions on Robotics (T-RO)
The IEEE Transactions on Robotics (T-RO) publishes research papers that represent major advances in the state-of-the-art in all areas of robotics. The Transactions welcomes original papers that report on any combination of theory, design, experimental studies, analysis, algorithms, and integration and application case studies involving all aspects of robotics.
- All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCIDs enable accurate attribution and improved discoverability of an author’s published work. The author will need a registered ORCID in order to submit a manuscript or review a proof in this journal.
Follow these steps to link a PaperCept account to a registered ORCID. Note that PINs from different sub-domains can be linked to a single ORCID.
1. Go to the start page of the PaperCept subdomain where you have an existing PIN (if you do not have one, please create one by following the PIN link from the PaperCept subdomain of interest).
2. If you do not already have an ORCID, follow the link “Register an ORCID,” create an ORCID and return to the PaperCept login page.
3. Follow the link “Register your ORCID with any of your PaperCept PINs,” enter your registered email or the ORCID and password and then click on Authorize.
4. Once you authorize the ORCID to be linked to your PIN you will be returned to the PaperCept subdomain from where you accessed ORCID.
5. Follow “Log in to any account associated with this ORCID” to complete associating your PIN to the ORCID.
6. If you have inadvertently created multiple PINs in the same subdomain, you can associate all PINs with the same ORCID.
- To reduce the financial burden on authors, and to allow more space for authors to report their work, the Transactions on Robotics will adopt the following page length policy: For papers submitted after 20 November 2015, there will be no page overlength charges for the first 12 pages of regular papers, and for the first 6 pages of short papers. Regular papers cannot exceed 20 pages, and short papers cannot exceed 8 pages. Page charges will be assessed for those pages in excess of 12 (and up to 20) for regular papers, and for those pages in excess of 6 (and up to 8) for short papers. Other parts of the page length policy not in conflict with the new page length policy will remain in effect.
- Early Access Articles
- Most Downloaded Articles
- Special issue on Nanorobotics: Volume 30, Issue 1, February 2014
King-Sun Fu Best Transactions on Robotics Paper Award
- The award for 2015 has been given to the paper,
"ORB-SLAM: A Versatile and Accurate Monocular SLAM System",
by Raul Mur-Artal, J. M. M. Montiel and Juan D. Tardos,
Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1147-1163, October 2015, [Xplore Link].
- Past winners:
- 2014: "Catching Objects in Flight"
by Seungsu Kim, Ashwini Shukla, Aude Billard
vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1049-1065, 2014 [Xplore Link].
- 2013: "Robots Driven by Compliant Actuators: Optimal Control under Actuation Constraints"
by David J. Braun, Florian Petit, Felix Huber, Sami Haddadin, Patrick van der Smagt, Alin Albu-Schäffer, Sethu Vijayakumar
vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1085-1101, 2013 [Xplore Link].
- 2012: "Reinforcement Learning With Sequences of Motion Primitives for Robust Manipulation"
by Freek Stulp, Evangelos A. Theodorou, Stefan Schaal
vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1360-1370, 2012 [Xplore Link].
- 2011: " Human-Like Adaptation of Force and Impedance in Stable and Unstable Interactions"
by Chenguang Yang, Gowrishankar Ganesh, Sami Haddadin, Sven Parusel, Alin Albu-Schaeffer, Etienne Burdet
vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 918-930, 2011 [Xplore Link].
- 2010: " Design and Control of Concentric-Tube Robots"
by Pierre E. Dupont, Jesse Lock, Brandon pokiesaustralian.com Itkowitz, Evan Butler
vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 209-225, 2010 [Xplore Link].
- 2009: " Vision-Aided Inertial Navigation for Spacecraft Entry, Descent, and Landing"
by Anastasios I. Mourikis, Nikolas Trawny, Stergios I. Roumeliotis, Andrew E. Johnson, Adnan Ansar, Larry Matthies
vol. 25, no, 2, pp. 264-280, 2009 [Xplore Link].
- 2008: " Smooth Vertical Surface Climbing with Directional Adhesion"
by Sangbae Kim, Matthew Spenko, Salomon Trujillo, Barrett Heyneman, Daniel Santos, Mark R. Cutkosky
vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 65-74, 2008 [Xplore Link].
- 2007: " Manipulation Planning for Deformable Linear Objects"
by Mitul Saha, Pekka Isto
vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1141-1150, 2007 [Xplore Link].
- 2006: " Exactly Sparse Delayed-State Filters for View-Based SLAM"
by Ryan M. Eustice, Hanumant Singh, John J. Leonard
vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1100-1114, 2006 [Xplore Link].
- 2005: " Active Filtering of Physiological Motion in Robotized Surgery Using Predictive Control"
by Romuald Ginhoux, Jacques Gangloff, Michel de Mathelin,Luc Soler, Mara M. Arenas Sanchez, Jacques Marescaux
vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 67-79, 2005 [Xplore Link].
- 2004: " Reactive Path Deformation for Nonholonomic Mobile Robots"
by Florent Lamiraux, David Bonnafous, Olivier Lefebvre
vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 967-977, 2004 [Xplore Link].
- 2014: "Catching Objects in Flight"