TCH Early Career Award
2019 TCH Early Career Award
Nominations for the 2019 "TCH Early Career Award" are open!
It is our pleasure to announce the 2019 TCH Early Career Award. With this award TCH wants to recognize outstanding contributions to the area of haptics by members of our community who are in the earlier stages of their career.
All members of TCH who are within 10 years of receiving their doctoral degree by 1/1/2019 and are in an untenured or non-permanent position are eligible for the award. Applications are by nomination only; no self-nominations will be entertained.
The deadline for nominations is December 15, 2018. The information required includes:
(1) Letter of reference of nominator highlighting suitability of nominee (2 pages max).
(2) Brief biographical sketch of the applicant (4 pages max).
Please download these two forms from here and send the complete nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection of the awardee will be carried out by an independent committee of experts in the area of haptics. The process will focus on the visible impact on and major accomplishments in the area of haptics by the nominee.
Nominations will be handled by the Vice Chair of Awards.
If you have further questions, please contact Suvranu De <email@example.com> or Claudio Pacchierotti firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Early Career Award Recipients:
- 2017: Dr. Michael Wiertlewski from the Aix-Marseille University in France
- 2015: Dr. Ki-Uk Kyung from the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) in Korea
- 2013: Dr. Sliman Bensmaia from the University of Chicago in the USA
- 2011: Dr. Seungmoon Choi from Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) in Korea
- 2009: Dr. Allison Okamura from the Johns Hopkins University in the USA