Reimbursement Procedures for Travel and other Expenses
1. All IEEE Volunteer travel and associated meetings must adhere to all appropriate guidance from cognizant local public health authorities. Local policies around meetings and travel vary across the globe and continue to evolve.
2. Volunteers engaged in IEEE related travel and in-person activities acknowledge the continuing risk of exposure to COVID-19. Volunteers should understand that IEEE will not indemnify them for any health risk or economic or other loss resulting from exposure to COVID-19 during IEEE activities.
3. IEEE will not reimburse costs associated with mandatory or self-quarantine or isolation associated with IEEE volunteer travel. If there is a risk of quarantine on entering or departing an area, IEEE volunteers should instead plan to participate virtually when possible using IEEE video and teleconferencing tools.
4. IEEE recommends that If you have any questions, you contact RAS staff or volunteer leadership.
Reimbursements for Volunteers
Reimbursements for Employers
IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) uses Concur to process expense reimbursements of travel expenses and other reimbursements to Volunteers. Concur is a cloud-based expense reimbursement application, designed to create an easy, efficient, and automated expense reimbursement experience for IEEE volunteers.
Reports submitted through Concur should be submitted with a Cover Letter.
Click Here if you already have an IEEE account with Concur. (requires IEEE network login)
Click Here to create an account with Concur.
The following links may be helpful for Volunteers to submit Reports through Concur:
Third Party Reimbursements are instances when an IEEE volunteer has been reimbursed by their employer or an IEEE volunteer’s employer has paid the IEEE service provider directly, a Third Party Reimbursement form is used to help process these types of transactions requested by volunteers.
Third Party Reimbursements are not processed through Concur.
Click Here for more information on Third Party Reimbursements.
Items to note:
- All Expense Reports should be completed and submitted no later than 45 Days after the event.
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of any expense item $25.00 USD or larger.
- For air travel, only coach/economy class airfare is reimbursable. Business or first class airfare is not reimbursable.
- IEEE requires hotel expenses to be itemized per day. Please enter separate room rate & room tax amounts.
- Reports should be submitted with a cover letter.
For technical assistance, contact Concur's user support desk (PDF).
For general questions, contact IEEE’s project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAS is a volunteer driven society with over 13,000 members worldwide.
Students are future of robotics and automation.
IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems
IEEE International conference on Robotics and Automation