Reimbursement Procedures for Travel and other Expenses
IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) uses Concur to process expense reimbursements of travel expenses and other reimbursements. Concur is a cloud-based expense reimbursement application, designed to create an easy, efficient, and automated expense reimbursement experience for IEEE volunteers. Concur Expense Reports should be completed and submitted no later than 45 Days after the event.
Step 1 : How to Get Started
Step 2: Access Concur
Step 3: Download the App
IEEE will no longer be issuing checks for travel and other expense reimbursements. All payments for expense reports processed through Concur will be issued electronically. The reimbursement currency in your Concur profile is based on your Country of Residence. If you reside in a Country where the local currency is USD, EUR, CAD, or INR you must enter your banking information directly into Concur.
All other currencies require the user to enroll in Western Union (this is a one time enrollment).
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of any expense item $25.00 USD or larger.
- For air travel, only coach/economy class airfare is reimbursable.
- Business or first class airfare is not reimbursable.
Third Party Reimbursements are instances when an IEEE volunteer has been reimbursed by their employer or an IEEE volunteer’s employer has paid the IEEE service provider directly, a Third Party Reimbursement Form is used to help process these types of transactions requested by volunteers. Third Party Reimbursements are not processed through Concur.
Volunteers requesting a third party reimbursement should submit the following documents (via Smartsheet method):
- Completed and signed Third Party Reimbursement Form
- Completed Expense Report form. (Depending on the method of payment, additional forms may be required such as a Wire Transfer form or Credit Card authorization form.)
- Receipts for each transaction >$25.00 USD
Third Party Reimbursements should be submitted here.