Reimbursement Procedures for Travel and other Expenses
If you are entitled to reimbursement of travel expenses or any other expenses from IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS), please follow the procedures below to get your reimbursement.
- Fill out 2019 IEEE Expense Report form. Sign and date the form at the bottom of the first page. If you choose to fill out the form by hand, make sure that your handwriting is legible. Expense Reports should be completed and delivered via email to the RAS Treasurer no later than 45 Days after the event.
- Prepare a cover letter, briefly explaining: (i) nature of the expense; (ii) authorization and approval of the expense, (iii) why you should be receiving the reimbursement, and (iiii) for how much. e.g., approved by RAS President or based on an AdCom approved motion. Attach a copy of the email approval or similar document. For AdCom and ExCom members traveling to AdCom meetings, such an approval is not needed and your reimbursable amount is limited by the current travel policy. See AdCom and ExCom travel policy for details.
- By default, a check in US dollars will be sent to the mailing address that you provided on the Expense Report form. If you would like to have the reimbursement funds to be wired into your bank account, fill out the Wire Transfer form.
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of any expense item $25.00usd or larger. Receipts should be scanned and combined into a single file. For air travel, only economy class airfare is reimbursable. Business or first class airfare is not reimbursable.
- The cover letter, completed Expense Report form and pdf copies of all receipts as a SINGLE file (the first sheet in the single file should be the signature page of the expense report), and optionally Wire Transfer form, must be submitted using the following online form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/190cd68fb2ec4e3783a789ceb6478c61
- For further details on allowable expenses see: IEEE Travel and Expense Reimbursement Guidelines