RAS Conference Organizer Workshop
From 22 May, 2018 10:00 until 22 May, 2018 12:30
Tuesday, 22 May from 10:00-12:30
Chair: Torsten Kroeger
Lunch will be provided
Room M9, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Australia
Conference timelines, Bank Accounts, Budgets, Whether to hire a meeting planner, Conference Closings, Hotel Contracts, Insurance, Tax Issues— organizing a conference can be a daunting task, especially a large conference like ICRA or IROS involving a thousand people or more. Anyone who is involved in organizing an IEEE Conference, or is thinking about organizing a conference, is urged to attend. Get answers to your questions about the organization, requirements, logistics and finances of conferences, both large and small. Speak with the experts for advice on how to make sure your conference is executed flawlessly!
Anyone who is involved in organizing an IEEE Conference is urged to attend and get answers to your questions about the organization, requirements, logistics and finances of conferences, both large and small.
- 1. Welcome and Opening Remarks – Torsten Kroeger
- 2. Conference Committee Roles and Responsibilities – Torsten Kroeger/ Karinne Ramirez Amaro
- 3. Getting Started (Requesting Sponsorship & Conference Application) – Helge Wurdemann
- 4. Conference Publications – Zhidong Wang
- 5. Managing a Technical Program – Seth Hutchinson
- 6. Conference Finance (Budgeting through Conference Closing) – Venkat Krovi/ Helge Wurdemann
- 7. Event Logistics Planning and Execution – Lukrecija LeLong / Torsten Kroeger
- 8. Working with IEEE Meetings, Conferences & Events – Lukrecija LeLong
Space is limited, so we encourage you to register as soon as your availability is confirmed.
Please register for this FREE workshop on-line: