Information for Authors
Research areas of relevance to this publication include, but are not limited to, the following topics:IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) is a scholarly archival journal that addresses the science, technology and applications associated with information acquisition and object manipulation through touch. Haptic interactions relevant to this journal include all aspects of manual exploration and manipulation of objects by humans, machines and interactions between the two, performed in real, virtual, teleoperated or networked environments.
- Human haptic and multi-sensory perception and action
- Aspects of motor control that explicitly pertain to human haptics
- Haptic interactions via passive or active tools and machines
- Devices that sense, enable, or create haptic interactions locally or at a distance
- Haptic rendering and its association with graphic and auditory rendering in virtual reality
- Algorithms, controls, and dynamics of haptic devices, users, and interactions between the two
- Human-machine performance and safety with haptic feedback
- Haptics in the context of human-computer interactions
- Systems and networks using haptic devices and interactions, including multi-modal feedback
- Application of the above, for example in areas such as education, rehabilitation, medicine, computer-aided design, skills training, computer games, driver controls, simulation and visualization.