IEEE Transaction on Haptics
IEEE Transactions on Haptics (T-H) is a scholarly archival journal that addresses the science, technology, and applications associated with information acquisition and object manipulation through touch. Haptic interactions relevant to this journal include all aspects of manual exploration and manipulation of objects by humans, machines and interactions between the two, performed in real, virtual, teleoperated or networked environments. Research areas of relevance to this publication include, but are not limited to, the following topics: Human haptic and multi-sensory perception and action, aspects of motor control that explicitly pertain to human haptics, haptic interactions via passive or active tools and machines, devices that sense, enable, or create haptic interactions locally or at a distance, haptic rendering and its association with graphic and auditory rendering in virtual reality, algorithms, controls, and dynamics of haptic devices, users, and interactions between the two, human-machine performance and safety with haptic feedback, haptics in the context of human-computer interactions, systems and networks using haptic devices and interactions, including multi-modal feedback, application of the above, for example in areas such as education, rehabilitation, medicine, computer-aided design, skills training, computer games, driver controls, simulation, and visualization.
- Table of Contents of latest Transactions on Haptics issue (IEEE Xplore)
- Early access articles
- Most Downloaded Articles
Call for Papers
Special Section: Lessons learned, learning from our failures
31 October 2018- Deadline for paper submissions (Extended: 31 October 2018)
Special Issue on Wearable and Hand-held Haptics
16 November 2018 - Deadline for paper submissions
- An article by Domenico Prattichizzo and his colleagues at the University of Siena, Italy on a wearable haptic device that will be published in Transactions in Haptics has been featured in Science magazine news: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/04/finger-devices-let-users-touch-objects-virtual-reality
- Read "A Haptic Compass for Navigation" written by EIC Lynette Jones for the Spotlight series in Computer magazine that discusses a paper by J.P. Choinière and C. Gosselin published in the January-March 2017 issue which examined the use of asymmetric torque stimuli presented in a hand-held device as a navigation aid.
- T-H Citations for Meritorious Service (2008-2017)
- News from the Field (July-Sept 2017)
- News from the Field (Jan-March 2017)
- News from the Field (July-Sept 2016)
- News from the Field (April-June 2016)
Transactions on Haptics Best Paper Awards
Best paper award (funded by RAS):
2017: “Characterizing and Imaging Gross and Real Finger Contacts under Dynamic Loading"
Séréna Bochereau, Brygida Dzidek, Michael Adams, Vincent Hayward
vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 456-465, 2017
Best application paper award (funded by Alps Electric Co.):
2017: "Using Pot-Magnets to Enable Stable and Scalable Electromagnetic Tactile Displays"
Juan José Zárate, Herbert Shea
vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 106-112, 2017