IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics & Bionics
The IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics (T-MRB) is published under the joint sponsorship of
AIMS AND SCOPE
The IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics (T-MRB) is a quarterly Green Open Access (see details in Information for Authors) multi-disciplinary journal aimed at publishing peer-reviewed papers and focused on innovative research ideas and medical application results, reporting significant theoretical findings and application case studies in the areas of medical robotics and bionics.
The IEEE T-MRB publishes non-incremental results on innovative systems able to support prevention, diagnosis or treatment of human diseases. Such systems can be based on robotics and automation technology-related paradigms (e.g. surgical robots, devices for physical and cognitive rehabilitation, supporting systems for independent living, etc.) on bionics paradigms (e.g. medical systems which mimic living organisms or technologies that intimately interact with the human body), or the combinations of them, e.g. robotic artificial organs and other active implantable devices featuring direct interfaces to the human body. In addition, T-MRB promotes works investigating mechanisms and principles observed in nature in order to unravel scientific issues, and to exploit them to develop innovative bionic technologies for medical applications.
Main journal topic include:
- Surgical robotics;
- Rehabilitation and assistive robotics;
- Bionic prostheses;
- Sensory substitution;
- Artificial/Bioartificial bionic organs;
- Medical biomimetic technologies.
The journal also welcomes survey and commentary papers providing: critical, systematic review of research areas and trends within its scope; evidence-based studies on early clinical validation of robotic or bionic technologies, and contributions on ethical, social, economic, and organizational aspects concerning robotics and/or bionic solutions for medical and healthcare applications.
Submissions are OPEN!
We invite authors to submit their manuscripts via ScholarOne Manuscripts Central at the following link: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tmrb-ieee.
Detailed information for Authors are available online: https://www.ieee-ras.org/publications/t-mrb/information-for-authors.
Forthcoming Special Issues / Sections (already planned):
- The 8th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics & Biomechatronics BioRob 2020 (https://biorob2020nyc.org/)
- Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2020 (the conference has been cancelled due to the ongoing threat posed by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak). However, the T-MRB Editor-in-Chief Prof. Dario and the Hamlyn Center Interim Co-Director Ferdinando Rodriguez Y Baena are working to find alternative solutions.
- Conference on New Technologies for Computer and Robot Assisted Surgery (CRAS) 2020 (https://cras-eu.org/cras-2020/).
- 2020 IEEE International Conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems (CBS) 2020 (https://research.ece.ncsu.edu/cbs/).
2020 production schedule (Volume 2):
- Volume 2 Issue 1: February 2020.
- Volume 2 Issue 2: May 2020. This issue includes a Special Section on the Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2019 (https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/191279/hamlyn-symposium-medical-robotics-23rd-26th/). It hosts four Guest Editors: Guang-Zhong Yang, Paolo Fiorini, Giulio Dagnino, and Cameron Riviere.
- Volume 2 Issue 3: August 2020. This issue may include a Special Section on the IEEE CBS (conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems) 2019 (http://cbs2019.com/). The two Guest Editors of the Special Section would be: Alois Knoll and Rüdiger Dillmann, General Chair and Program Chair respectively.
- Volume 2 Issue 4: November 2020.
2019 production schedule (Volume 1):
- Volume 1 Issue 2: May 2019.
- Volume 1 Issue 3: August 2019. This issue includes a Special Section on the IEEE CBS (conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems) 2018 (http://www.cbs2018.com/dct/page/1). It hosts three Guest Editors: Guanglin Li, Qiang Huang and Mamoru Mitsuishi, General Chair, General Co-Chair and Program Co-Chair respectively.
- Volume 1 Issue 4: November 2019.
The Inaugural Issue was released in February 2019.
The first issue of T-MRB was linked to the IEEE RAS/EMBS BioRob2018 conference and it hosted two Guest Editors: Herman van der Kooij (University of Twente & Delft University of Technology) and Sarthak Misra (University of Twente, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen), General Chair and Program Chair of BioRob2018 respectively.