IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics & Bionics
The IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics (T-MRB) is published under the joint sponsorship of
AIMS AND SCOPE
The IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics (T-MRB) is a quarterly Green Open Access (see details in Information for Authors) multi-disciplinary journal aimed at publishing peer-reviewed papers and focused on innovative research ideas and medical application results, reporting significant theoretical findings and application case studies in the areas of medical robotics and bionics.
The IEEE T-MRB publishes non-incremental results on innovative systems able to support prevention, diagnosis or treatment of human diseases. Such systems can be based on robotics and automation technology-related paradigms (e.g. surgical robots, devices for physical and cognitive rehabilitation, supporting systems for independent living, etc.) on bionics paradigms (e.g. medical systems which mimic living organisms or technologies that intimately interact with the human body), or the combinations of them, e.g. robotic artificial organs and other active implantable devices featuring direct interfaces to the human body. In addition, T-MRB promotes works investigating mechanisms and principles observed in nature in order to unravel scientific issues, and to exploit them to develop innovative bionic technologies for medical applications.
Main journal topic include:
- Surgical Robotics;
- Rehabilitation and Assistive Robotics;
- Bionic Prostheses;
- Sensory Substitution;
- Artificial/Bioartificial Bionic Organs;
- Medical Biomimetic Technologies.
The journal also welcomes survey and commentary papers providing: critical, systematic review of research areas and trends within its scope; evidence-based studies on early clinical validation of robotic or bionic technologies, and contributions on ethical, social, economic, and organizational aspects concerning robotics and/or bionic solutions for medical and healthcare applications.
Submissions are OPEN!
We invite authors to submit their manuscripts via ScholarOne Manuscripts Central at the following link: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tmrb-ieee.
Detailed information for Authors are available online.
Current Special Sections
Guest Editors: Alícia Casals, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain, Albert Hernansanz, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain, Arianna Menciassi, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy, and Emmanuel Vander Porten, KU Leuven, Belgium.
Submissions are closed.
Publication date: Volume 3, Issue 3 (August 2021)
Guest Editors: Sunil Agrawal, Columbia University, USA, and Ellen Roche, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
Publication date: Volume 3, Issue 3 (August 2021)
CALL FOR PAPERS
SURGICAL VISION, NAVIGATION, AND ROBOTICS
Guest Editors: Luo Xiongbiao, Xiamen University, China, Danail Stoyanov, University College London, UK, Nobuhiko Hata, Harvard University, USA, and Alejandro F. Frangi, University of Leeds, UK, and KU Leuven, Belgium.
Senior Guest Editors (providing experienced support and editorial oversight): Russell H. Taylor, Johns Hopkins University, USA, and Terry M. Peters, Western University, Canada.
Deadline for papers submission: August 31, 2021
Publication date: Volume 4, Issue 1 (February 2022)
Forthcoming Special Sections
Guest Editors: Maarja Kruusmaa, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, Alberto Arezzo, University of Torino, Italy, and George Mylonas, Imperial College London, UK.
Publication date: Volume 3, Issue 4 (November 2021)
2021 (Volume 3)
- Volume 2 Issue 1 (February 2021). Full Regular Issue Papers
- Volume 2 Issue 2 (May 2021). Includes a Focused Section on Bionic Organs and Tissues. Guest Editors: Prof. Leonardo Ricotti, Prof. Ellen Roche, and Prof. Toshinori Fujie.
2020 (Volume 2)
- Volume 2 Issue 1 (February 2020). Full Regular Issue Papers
- Volume 2 Issue 2 (May 2020). Includes a Special Section on the Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2019. Guest Editors: Prof. Guang-Zhong Yang, Prof. Paolo Fiorini, Dr. Giulio Dagnino, and Dr. Cameron Riviere.
- Volume 2 Issue 3 (August 2020). Includes a Special Section on the IEEE CBS Conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems 2019. Guest Editors: Prof. Alois Knoll and Prof. Rüdiger Dillmann.
- Volume 2 Issue 4 (November 2020). Includes a Special Section on the Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2020. Guest Editors: Dr. Kevin Cleary, Prof. Ara Darzi, Prof. Daniel Elson, and Prof. Ferdinando Rodriguez Y Baena.
2019 (Volume 1)
- Volume 1 Issue 1 (February 2019). Inaugural Issue. The First Issue of T-MRB is linked to the 7th IEEE RAS/EMBS BioRob2018 Conference. Guest Editors: Prof. Herman van der Kooij and Prof. Sarthak Misra.
- Volume 1 Issue 2 (May 2019). Full Regular Issue Papers
- Volume 1 Issue 3 (August 2019). Full Regular Issue Papers
- Volume 1 Issue 4 (November 2019). Includes a Special Section on the IEEE CBS (conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems) 2018. Guest Editors: Prof. Guanglin Li, Prof. Qiang Huang, and Prof. Mamoru Mitsuishi.