International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob)
BioRob covers both theoretical and experimental challenges posed by the application of robotics and mechatronics in medicine and biology. The primary focus of Biorobotics is to analyze biological systems from a "biomechatronic" point of view, trying to understand the scientific and engineering principles underlying their extraordinary performance.
This profound understanding of how biological systems work, behave and interact can be used for two main objectives: to guide the design and fabrication of novel, high performance bio-inspired machines and systems for many different applications; and to develop novel nano, micro-, macro- devices that can act upon, substitute parts of, and assist human beings in prevention, diagnosis, surgery, prosthetics, rehabilitation and personal assistance.
BioRob is sponsored by the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) and the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS).
*Links may no longer be active*
- 2020 New York City, NY, USA
- 2018 Enschede, Netherlands (Website, Proceedings)
- 2016 Singapore (Proceedings)
- 2014 Sao Paulo, Brazil (Proceedings)
- 2012 Rome, Italy (Website,Proceedings)
- 2010 Tokyo, Japan (Website, Proceedings)
- 2008 Scottsdale, AZ, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2006 Pisa, Italy (Website, Proceedings)