International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
SPECIAL NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
It is with great disappointment and reluctance that, due to the rapidly evolving COVID-2019 situation, we have decided to cancel HRI 2020. We believe that cancelling the event is in the best interest of the health of our community. We are still solidifying our strategy for a virtual event and will soon send an email with details regarding registration refunds. In the meantime, we sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience.
The HRI conference is a major undertaking by a large number of volunteers. Although we are disappointed that you will not experience the hard work that our amazing team has put into creating a fantastic in-person event, we would like to highlight that the papers and research will still be published and will develop a virtual event to facilitate interaction with other researchers.
Although this is a disappointment for us and must be a disappointment for you, we are hopeful that the pandemic will soon be under control and that we will adapt to new circumstances. HRI is a growing community with topics of great societal interest and impact. We are excited about your long-term involvement in the conference and the community and are looking forward to interacting with you in future events.
Again, we appreciate your patience while we solidify the registration refund and follow-up the virtual representation of our event.
We are looking into hosting pre-recorded videos of presentations. Preliminary details can be found on this page
5 - 8 March 2018 | McCormick Place, Chicago, Il, USA
6 - 9 March 2017 | Hall of Science, Vienna, Austria
7 - 10 March 2016 | Chateau on the Park, Christchurch, New Zealand
HRI 2020 is the 15th annual conference for basic and applied human-robot interaction research. Researchers from across the world attend and submit their best work to HRI to exchange ideas about the latest theories, technology, data, and videos furthering the state-of-the-art in human-robot interaction.
Each year, the HRI Conference highlights a particular area through a theme. The theme of HRI 2020 is “Real World Human-Robot Interaction”.
- 2021 Boulder, Colorado, USA (Website)
*Links may no longer be active*
- 2020 Cambridge, UK (Website) (Canceled)
- 2019 Daegu, Korea (Website, Proceedings)
- 2018 Chicago, USA (Website)
- 2017 Vienna, Austria (Website, Proceedings)
- 2016 Christchurch, New Zeland (Website, Proceedings)
- 2015 Portland, Oregon (Website, Proceedings)
- 2014 Bielefeld, Germany (Website, Proceedings)
- 2013 Tokyo, Japan (Website, Proceedings)
- 2012 Boston, Massachusetts (Website, Proceedings)
- 2011 Lausanne, Switzerland (Website, Proceedings)
- 2010 Osaka, Japan (Website, Proceedings)
- 2009 San Diego, CA, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2008 Amsterdam, Netherlands (Website, Proceedings)
- 2007 Washington, DC, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2006 Salt Lake, UT, USA (Website)