IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles (IAV)
The Symposium targets topics in the field of intelligent autonomous vehicles (IAV). It presents methods and representative techniques to either solve typical problems or to document successful test cases and applications. The addressed modality of the vehicles may range from land, sea and air to space and they may be designed as multi vehicle systems in swarms or networked platoons as well as individual carriers. The covered key topics will include (but will not be limited to):
- Architectures for intelligent autonomous systems;
- Control, Guidance, and Navigation of autonomous robots (indoors, outdoors, land, space, marine): modeling and control, trajectory tracking and path following, navigation systems, planning, recognition, localization, map building, SLAM;
- Sensors and sensor integration in autonomous robots;
- Intelligent transportation systems;
- Service robotics, domestic robotics, rehabilitation and biomedical robotics, field robotics, entertainment robotics, ocean exploration robots;
- Redundant robots, flexible robots, modular robots, micro-robots, legged robots, humanoids;
- Multiple Vehicle Systems and Networks of Autonomous Vehicles: cooperative navigation and control of homogeneous and heterogeneous teams, cooperative control under severe communication bandwidth constraints, cooperative perception, communications, architectures for teams of autonomous vehicles, applications;
- Human and robot interaction;
- Applications of Autonomous Intelligent Vehicles: case studies and test evaluations. Land (indoors and outdoors), marine (surface and underwater), aerial and space vehicles;
- Science driven robotic developments: applications in marine biology and geology, habitat mapping, environmental monitoring, mapping and surveillance, search and rescuing operations, planetary surface exploration, agriculture, manufacturing, service sector.
The symposium covers the full range of topics from onboard vehicle control, interaction with its environment up to auxiliary support systems. The IAV2106 will be conducted at the same place and in parallel to the 20th anniversary of the RoboCup World championships.
*Links may no longer be active*
- 2016 Leipzig, Germany (Website)