IEEE Haptics Symposium (HAPTICS)
IEEE has been monitoring the developing Coronavirus, COVID-2019, situation.
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our main priority. After studying and evaluating the announcements, guidance, and news released by relevant national organizations, we are sorry to announce that the 2020 IEEE Haptics Symposium, scheduled to be held from 28 – 31 March, in Washington, DC, U.S.A. will be postponed to a later date, to be determined.
We will provide further information on the new logistical details in the next weeks. We thank you for your understanding and patience, especially in view of the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 virus situation. Our goal is to develop a conference event plan that will respect the safety and well-being of the community, and will provide the most benefit to the haptics community. There are many factors to consider.
We anticipate that those who planned to attend in March may have questions about matters such as registration fees and publication of the papers. Please know that we are working on this as diligently and rapidly as possible. Rest assured that all papers that have gone through the review process will be published at a date to be determined.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this complex situation. Our sympathies go out to all of those who are affected by the Coronavirus situation.
Greg Gerling and Yon Visell
2020 IEEE Haptics Symposium General Co-Chairs
The IEEE Haptics Symposium, held since 1992, is a vibrant forum where psychophysicists, engineers, and designers come together to share advances, spark new collaborations, and envision a future that benefits from rich physical interactions between humans and computers, generated through haptic (force and tactile) devices.
The IEEE Haptics Symposium is sponsored by the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society.
IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Haptics: http://ieee-ras.org/haptics
- POSTPONED: 2020 Washington D.C., USA (Website)
*Links may no longer be active*
- 2020 Washington D.C., USA (Website)
- 2018 San Francisco, California, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2016 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2014 Houston, Texas, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2012 Vancouver, Canada (Website, Proceedings)
- 2010 Waltham, Massachusetts USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2008 Reno, Nevada USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2006 Arlington, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2004 Chicago, Illinois, USA (Website, Proceedings)
- 2003 Los Angeles, CA, USA(Website, Proceedings)
- 2002 Orlando, Florida, USA (Proceedings)
- 2000 Washington, DC, USA
- 1998 Anaheim, California, USA
- 1996 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 1994 Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 1992 Anaheim, California, USA